Please note the following changes:
- Effective Immediately: Entities that ONLY apply for federal assistance (grants, loans, etc.) no longer need to have an approved notarized letter on file before their registration is activated. They must still mail the original signed copy of the notarized letter to the Federal Service Desk (FSD) within 30 days of activation. Failure to do so may result in the registration no longer being active.
- Effective June 29, 2018: All non-federal entities creating or renewing their SAM registration will no longer need to have a notarized letter on file before their registration is activated. They must still mail the original signed copy of the notarized letter to the FSD within 30 days of activation or riske their registration no longer being active.
- Also effective June 29, 2018: A new, multi-factor authentication login will be implemented, as well as a process by which Entity Administrators will be notified when a change is made to their entity’s bank account information. As a result, beginning June 29th, there will be a new login process for SAM:
- Users will be asked to create a Login.gov user account. Their current SAM.gov username and password will no longer work.
- Before June 29th: All users should be sure to know the email address associated with their current SAM account. Using the same email will allow SAM.gov to automatically migrate roles. If a different email is provided when the new login account is created, roles will need to be reassigned, which could cause delays updating existing registrations. If they don’t know their current email address, they can find it by going to www.SAM.gov → My SAM → My Account Settings → Edit User Information.
- To create a Login.gov user account, your clients will need to know the email address associated with their SAM.gov username and password, have access to that email to receive a confirmation email from Login.gov, and have a working phone (cell or landline) to receive a security code from Login.gov.
For full information, see GSA’s SAM Update page.