The House of Representatives recently passed a number of bills last week that will impact women-owned firms doing business with the federal government:
- Expanding Contracting Opportunities for Small Businesses Act (H.R. 6369)
- Small Business Runway Extension Act (H.R. 6330)
- Clarity on Small Business Participation in Category Management Act (H.R. 6382)
- Incentivizing Fairness in Subcontracting Act (H.R. 6367)
Contact your Senators by phone or email—here are a few recommendations to better personalize your message:
- If you have a relationship with a staff member in your Senator’s district or Washington, D.C. office, be sure to share your message with them.
- Include a few details regarding your business.
- Share how one or all of the bills may impact your business or why it is important to your business.
Not sure what to say? Use this sample script:
My name is _____________, I am a constituent and [owner/founder/president] of [business name]. As a woman-owned small business, I am calling to urge the Senator to support a group of small business contracting bills that have just passed the House. H.R. 6369, H.R. 6330, H.R. 6382, H.R. 6367 are bills that expand sole source contracts to small firms, create more subcontracting incentives with prime contractors, and provide small businesses a better opportunity to do business with the federal government.
Please ask the Senator to assist women business owners and government contractors, like me, by championing these pieces of legislation in the Senate. Thank you for your time.