On his first day in office, President Biden signed Executive Order on Protecting the Federal Workforce and Requiring Mask-Wearing (EO), which requires federal agencies to issue guidance that complies with the Center for Disease Control’s recommended public health measures for combatting COVID-19, such as physical distancing and mask-wearing. On January 24, 2021, the Office of Management and Budget, in accordance with the EO, issued a memorandum to assist agencies in preparing their COVID-19 workplace safety plans, and they will have until January 29, 2021, to submit their drafts to the OMB for review. While agency-specific guidance has yet to be published, federal government contractors may want to start implementing requirements now and prepare for agency guidance. Read more here.
News & Announcements
- Five things to Look for in Executive Order Strengthening Buy American Act February 11, 2021
- How Government Contractors Should Prepare for Biden’s Mask-Wearing Mandate February 4, 2021
- Primes to Provide Past Performance Reviews to Small Subcontractors–And Agencies to Consider Them January 25, 2021
- Verification of Eligibility for the WOSB Program January 13, 2021
- GSA updates, adds PSCs January 4, 2021