On July 9, 2021, the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) published a Final Rule to require contractors to report data in the System for Award Management (SAM) on an annual basis when they are awarded a DoD contract or task order that: (1) is valued in excess of $3 million, and (2) is for logistics management services, equipment related services, knowledge-based services, or electronics and communications services. When applicable, contractors will be required to annually report: (1) the total dollar amount invoiced for, and (2) the total number of direct labor hours expended on services performed under the contract or task order during the preceding fiscal year. The total number of direct labor hours reported to SAM should be the total of both the contractor hours and its first-tier subcontractors’ hours.
News & Announcements
- Tips for Understanding and Using the FAR: Five Things to Know July 19, 2021
- New Rule Requires Contractors to Report Data for DoD Service Contracts in SAM July 9, 2021
- Biden Announces 50 Percent Increase in Small Disadvantaged Business Contracting Goals: Key Details for Government Contractors July 1, 2021
- First CMMC Assessment Organization Approved June 24, 2021
- Event Follow-up: DoD Alaska-Wide Industry Event – Partnering for a Successful Future June 8, 2021