On June 8, 2022, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill, referred to as H.R. 7694, “Strengthening Subcontracting for Small Businesses Act of 2022” (the Bill). The Bill seeks to amend the Small Business Act by requiring federal agencies to more broadly consider the content of subcontracting plans and subcontracting plan performance when evaluating large businesses for federal contracts. If enacted, the Bill should encourage large businesses to subcontract more work to small businesses and to achieve their small business subcontracting goals.
News & Announcements
- How do NAICS Codes Impact Limitation on Subcontracting? November 22, 2022
- What Is a Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)? November 2, 2022
- Potential Changes on the Horizon for DOT’s DBE Program October 25, 2022
- Stricter Buy America Rules for Procurement Set to Take Effect October 17, 2022
- Interested in Doing Business with EPA? October 6, 2022