Last year the Alaska PTAC assisted more than 500 Alaskan owned businesses who were awarded more than $2.2 B in federal, state, local and commercial contracts.
The Alaska PTAC was established in 1986 as part of the Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) created by the U.S. Department of Defense. A member of the national Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (APTAC), the Alaska PTAC provides businesses with the training and tools needed to compete and perform successfully on federal, state, and local government contracts.
PTAC HELPS GOVERNMENT
- Increases qualified sources, competition and value for military procurement.
- Provides the resources for local, state, and federal contracting offices to reach Alaska businesses.
- Supports NIST efforts to ensure small firms can meet DOD Cybersecrity requirements.
- Facilitates registration in the System for Awards Management (SAM) and other databases.
PTAC HELPS BUSINESSES
- Provides free services throughout the state.
- Identifies and explains contracting opportunities at federal, state and local government levels.
- Advises businesses how apply for small business certifications such as woman-owned and veteran-owned
- Delivers ongoing workshops, webinars, trainings and match-making events
- Schedules confidential one-on-one technical assistance
- 1,600 Alaskans trained and counseled.
- 585 government contracts awarded to clients.
- Over $2.2B received from local, state and federal contracts won.
PTAC HELPS COMMUNITY
- Strategically aligns with educational institutions, economic development agencies and state and local governments.
- Boosts economic activity by helping local businesses navigate the contracting process.
- Educates businesses on stringent government standards and complex contract requirements.
- Helps large government contractors identify qualified subcontractors and suppliers.
PTAC works one-on-one with clients using a variety of mediums that include web conferencing and teleconferencing to provide the technical assistance and tools needed to compete and perform successfully on federal, state, and municipal government contracts. PTAC can also provide services on site, speak to your professional organization, present information at your conference, or deliver a workshop in your community on issues and topics related to doing business in the government marketplace.
Contact PTAC at any time!