The System for Award Management (SAM) is a Federal Government owned and operated web site that consolidates the capabilities of several online systems used in Federal procurement and awards processes. Entities doing business with the federal government are required to obtain a Unique Entity Identifier, or the UEI created in SAM.gov. The site currently allows user to:
- Register to do business with the U.S. Government
- Update, renew, or check the status of your entity registration
- Get a Unique Entity ID
- Search for entity registration and exclusion records
- Search for assistance listings (formerly CFDA.gov), wage determinations (formerly WDOL.gov), and contract opportunities (formerly FBO.gov)
- Run contract data reports (formerly part of FPDS.gov).
- View and submit BioPreferred and Service Contract Reports
- Access publicly available data via data extracts and system accounts
To start the SAM.gov registration, you will need to create an account on login.gov
There is a duel authentication process that takes place when setting phone call or text with a 6 digit authentication that must be put in the system to activate it. The user must also have access to the email account used to create the Login.gov account (preferably the same email address that had previously been associated with the SAM.gov account).
NOTE: There are no fees associated with any government registration. Be aware that there are third parties offering the option to complete these requirements for a cost.