Small businesses can waste a lot of time and money attempting to sell to the government without ever obtaining a contract. You should consider the investment of time and resources your company needs to enter the government market place.
Before you begin the necessary steps to prepare your business for government contracting opportunities, you need to determine if your company is ready.
- Are you an established business?
- Do you have a business plan that includes government contracting as a growth strategy or new customer market?
- Have you done the necessary market research to determine the government’s demand for your product or service?
- Will your company’s cash flow be compatible with government payment cycles?
- Does your company have a history of sales or, an experienced team in the business’ line of work?
If you have answered “no” to any of these questions, consider the other resources available at the Alaska SBDC.