Resources for Determining Government Demand
Is the government buying what you sell? It is important that you conduct market research to determine the government’s demand for your product or service. Selling to the government is not always the cash cow people believe it to be.
Performing strategic market research is one way to narrow down the scope of your efforts and improve your probability of success. Below are a few websites to help you get started.
- Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS)https://www.fpds.gov/fpdsng_cms/index.php/en/
- Acquisition Central: https://www.acquisition.gov/
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA): http://www.foia.gov/
- GSA e-Library: http://www.gsaelibrary.gsa.gov/ElibMain/home.do
- Sam.gov contraction opportunities: https://sam.gov/content/opportunities
- State of Alaska Public Notices: https://aws.state.ak.us/OnlinePublicNotices/